Senior Lecturer in Law
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone (812) 855-0919
- Location Lewis Building 207
- B.A., Indiana University 1977
- J.D., Indiana University Maurer School of Law 1982
- Section Chief—Contracts, Administrative Agency Counsel & Constituent Services Sections for the Office of the Indiana Attorney General, Indianapolis (1993-1995)
- Deputy Public Defender, Office of the Monroe County Public Defender, Bloomington, Ind. (1984-1988)
- Law clerk to the Honorable James B. Young, Indiana Court of Appeals, Indianapolis (1983-1984)
- Two-time recipient of TERA award for excellence in teaching
Professor Farnsworth joined Indiana Law with 12 years of criminal litigation and general practice experience. Following her clerkship with the Indiana Court of Appeals, she litigated at the trial and appellate levels for five years. She subsequently supervised three sections of attorneys in the Indiana Attorney General's Office in the areas of agency services, contracts and constituent services, and she advised boards in administrative proceedings and state agencies in state and federal litigation.
Farnsworth teaches legal writing to international students as one of the most experienced professors in that field nationwide. Through her courses, graduate students gain a foundation in writing and analysis, with an emphasis on exam-taking skills. International students in the LLM thesis and SJD programs benefit from a course she designed on academic legal writing, and her practicum students participate in the American legal process and study legal writing forms specific to the practice of law. Farnsworth also supervises students participating in the public interest internship program.