Master of Comparative Law (MCL)
The M.C.L. is a two-semester program that offers international students without a first degree in law but with legal experience or a strong interest to gain familiarity with American law and legal institutions. Degree requirements:
- Complete at least 20 hours of course credit;
- Complete one academic year in residence in the Law School;
- Complete B504 Introduction to American Law for 2 credits and B530 Legal Discourse and Writing for 2 credits;
- Carry no fewer than 8 hours of course credit per semester;
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0; and
- Complete the degree requirements in no more than three consecutive semesters.