Topic-specific research guides prepared by the librarians at the Law Library provide explanations of how to locate specific resources in print and online.
Law librarians are available to help with research projects or questions.* You can reach us using any of the following:
- In person - Currently not available.
- By Phone - (812) 855-2938.
- Email - Submit questions via email by filling out the Ask a Librarian form. You will typically receive a response within 24 hours.
- Chat - Live chat is available Monday through Friday, 10 am - 4 pm. Chat is most appropriate for simple questions; if you have a more complex question, please use the Ask a Librarian form.
*Law librarians cannot give any form of legal advice.
The law librarians have created a series of introductory tutorials to help law students with basic legal research. Topics covered include:
- Introduction to Statutes
- Introduction to Cases
- Introduction to Secondary Sources
- Legal research using print resources
- Legal research using online sources