The Criminal Law Externship gives you a better understanding of the major issues involved with criminal law practice and the criminal justice system. In addition to legal research and writing tasks, you'll observe and participate in various criminal court proceedings under attorney supervision. You will work in prosecutors' and public defenders' offices in south central Indiana.
- Develop legal skills and get hands-on experience working with a licensed attorney
- Deal with issues of professional responsibility in a real practice setting
- Gain insight into aspects of the legal system and the profession’s role within it
- Reflect upon what is learned to guide future professional development
- Provide work experience and job references that further your chances of becoming a public defender or prosecutor after graduation
Faculty Supervisor: David Main