The Stewart Fellows Global Internship Program offers rising 2L and 3L students legal internship opportunities throughout the world. Thanks to generous philanthropic donations over the past decade, including from Milton R. Stewart, '71, and his wife, Judi, the Law School has funded nearly 200 students since 2010 who have worked in law firms, non-governmental organizations, government agencies, and international corporations in Argentina, Brazil, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Mexico, Poland, South Korea, Thailand, and Vietnam.
In 2020 and 2021, despite a pandemic that made travel impossible and forced offices to work remotely, the program joined forces with a number of employer-partners to provide virtual placements for twelve and thirteen students, respectively, in Argentina, Brazil, Cambodia, Mexico, Poland, Thailand, and Vietnam. For 2022 we are moving forward with cautious optimism, hopeful that the pandemic will be sufficiently under control so that most members of the Stewart Fellows cohort will be able to participate in person. If necessary, however, we are prepared to move forward with remote placements to protect the health and safety of the cohort and their colleagues throughout the world.
For more information, please contact Ms. Lara Gose (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- September 9: Stewart Fellows Global Internship Program information session
- October 26: Stewart Fellows–Tilleke & Gibbins info session and pre-screening (Noon, Room 121)
- December 20–January 7: application collection (submit résumé and cover letter and one Law School reference through CareerNet)
- January 10–28: interviews
- Week of January 31: begin selection of finalists and forwarding resumes to employer-partners