Wait list information
Thank you for your continued interest in attending Indiana University Maurer School of Law. We sincerely appreciate your patience as a wait-listed candidate for the coming academic year. Below is a summary of important information about your wait list status. Please review it and let us know if you have any questions by calling (812) 855-4765 or sending an email to email@example.com. We kindly request, however, that you not communicate with the admissions office to reiterate your interest in joining the law school unless directed to do so.
Admission offers from the wait list
- The Admissions Office does not rank applicants on its wait list.
- Admission offers from the wait list will be made by telephone.
- Admission offers from the wait list are typically extended during May, June, and July; however, offers could be made as early as mid-April and as late as the first part of August.
- In order to be officially admitted to the law school, applicants selected from the wait list who wish to join the Law School will be required to submit a binding enrollment confirmation form and release their commitment(s) to join any other law school.
- All students offered admission from the wait list will be considered for merit scholarships if there are funds available. There is no separate application required for merit aid, and most awards will be made at the time of the initial offer.
- Students who plan to use federal aid to subsidize their education must complete the FAFSA. Indiana Law's code for the FAFSA is 001809.
- If you will be unavailable by telephone at any time between early May and early August, please designate a person to act on your behalf. This person must be able to accept an offer for you and submit an enrollment confirmation in your name. To designate such a person, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org providing the name of your designee and his or her telephone number and email address.
- Notify the Admissions Office of any address, email address, or telephone number updates via e-mail to email@example.com with your update and your LSAC number. Your email's subject should read: LAST NAME WL Information Update.
- The Admissions Office may email asking whether you are interested in remaining on the wait list. If you receive this email, please be sure to follow the instructions carefully to maintain your place on the wait list. Failure to do so may cause you to be denied further consideration.
- If you decide you are no longer interested in remaining on the wait list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update your status accordingly.
Enrollment from the wait list
- A binding enrollment confirmation form will be due promptly, usually within three to five business days of the initial offer. (We do not require monetary deposits.)
- Deferrals to the following academic year will not be available for applicants selected from the wait list.
- All admitted applicants must carefully follow and complete the matriculation requirements outlined on the admitted student website. (Access to the site will be given at the time of admission.)
- All new students will be required to attend orientation, which begins in mid-August.
- The first day of class for next fall has not been set, but it will most likely be in mid-August.