Judicial Externships Application
For the summer:
- Workshop late fall for 1Ls on how to apply for jobs in the summer, will include overview of judicial externship programs. First Saturday of the spring semester, there will be a marathon session for students to get individual appointments with Prof. Van der Cruysse to discuss their application process. Announcements will be made for both events.
For the spring and fall semesters:
- General Externship program workshops: early September for spring and early March for the fall.
- Make appointment with Prof. Van der Cruysse at email@example.com for individual consulting and before you put your application together
- Do not approach judges individually: meet with Professor Van der Cruysse first to see if the school has a ready-made partnership with the judges of your interest. Judges with a partnership, have made arrangements with the faculty director regarding the format of the application process.
- Application materials: cover letter, resume, unofficial transcript (only the copy posted on CareerNet), writing sample with cover page, two faculty references.
- Submit materials for revision a week before the deadline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit final application according to the guidelines specific to the judge.