- (812) 855-0930
- Lewis Building 206
- Bryn Mawr College A.B. 1985
- Case Western Reserve University J.D. 1990
- Graduated summa cum laude from Bryn Mawr College, where she earned an A.B. in classical archeology
- Received a J.D. summa cum laude, was elected to Order of the Coif, and served as executive articles editor of Case Western Reserve Law Review at Case Western Reserve University
- Associate Editor, Journal of the Association of Legal Writing Directors (2004-06)
- Office of General Counsel of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in Washington, D.C. (1992-1995)
- Clerk, Hon. Sarah Evans Barker and Hon. S. Hugh Dillin, Southern District of Indiana Federal District Court (1990-1992)
- Boards of Directors, Bloomington Developmental Learning Center (BDLC) and Bloomington Area Birth Services (BABS)
- Teaching Excellence Recognition Awards 1997 and 1999
Professor Goodman directs Indiana Law's Legal Research and Writing Program. After law school, she clerked for two federal district-court judges in the Southern District of Indiana, the Hon. Sarah Evans Barker and the Hon. S. Hugh Dillin. She then worked in the Office of General Counsel of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in Washington, D.C., where she specialized in appellate litigation and briefed and argued numerous cases before the federal courts of appeals. She joined the faculty in 1995.
- How’s That? Electronic Advances That Enliven Comparisons Among Briefs, Oral Argument, and Opinions (Paper presented at the Central States Regional Legal Writing Conference, September 24, 2005).
- Same-Sex Sexual Harassment, Presentation at Indiana Continuing Legal Education Seminar: Key Developments and Trends in Sexual Harassment Litigation (Nov. 1998)
- The Top Ten Mistakes Lawyers Make in Writing Briefs, Presentation at I.U.-Bloomington School of Law Seminar: The Challenge of Legal Writing in a Technological Age (Sept. 1996)
- Note, Equitable Discretion to Dismiss Congressional-Plaintiff Suits: A Reassessment, 40 CASE W. RES. L. REV. 1075 (1989-90)