Your gift to the Fund for Excellence/General Scholarship Fund provides the dean with the flexibility to enhance the academic and co-curricular programs and initiatives that make the crucial difference between an adequate education and a truly excellent education. And strong evidence of alumni support helps the school leverage funding from other sources. Corporations, foundations, and potential major gift donors often look at alumni participation rates when deciding whether to award grants or to make significant donations to the school.
How does your annual fund gift help?
- Student Support Provide general scholarships, travel, career and placement services, externships, and other critical educational opportunities for students in our law school.
- Faculty Enrichment Support faculty enrichment events like visiting lecture series and recruitment of top faculty.
- Alumni Events Support alumni events throughout the country for alumni to network and share their love for the Law School.
- Strategic Opportunities Help the dean take advantage of opportunities when they arise and provide seed money for new programs.
Learn how to get a tax credit of 50 percent of your gift to IU (up to $200).
How else can I help the annual fund?
- Class Agents Our alumni volunteers communicate personally with classmates to maintain a strong connection between the Law School and its graduates.
- Law Firm Solicitors The Law Firm and Corporate Challenge program is open to law firms and corporations that employ five or more Maurer alumni. Each participating firm or corporation has a volunteer representative or representatives who solicit annual gifts from the Maurer School of Law alumni at their organization. The goal is to achieve 100% participation.
Need more information?
- Stephanie Coffey
- Director of Annual Giving (812) 856-2793 or email@example.com