Women's Law Caucus
The Women’s Law Caucus (WLC) is a student organization focusing on women’s issues, community service, and professional development. The group hosts guest speakers to discuss women in the legal profession and the issues they may face. In addition, the WLC hosts an annual benefit auction for a local emergency shelter, in which students bid for opportunities to spend time with faculty outside of the classroom in activities such as golf, poker and movies. The WLC also hosts social events and runs a mentor/mentee program to foster a sense of community and collegiality at Maurer for members.
- To promote an atmosphere of equality amongst all students, regardless of diversity of background;
- To create a professional environment for women within the law school to further the academic and career goals of each woman;
- To provide personal support services to women of all backgrounds;
- To encourage the recognition and discussion of women’s contributions to the legal field, both past and present;
- To recognize women as integrated human beings, who balance professional, academic, and personal responsibilities.
- To develop seminars, lectures, support groups, and other programs to attract a broad range of women, regardless of race, class, sexual orientation, politics, creed, or religion.
- To publish an annual newsletter, “The Forum,” to the Law School community.
- To facilitate the annual WLC auction to raise funds for Middle Way House, a Bloomington women’s shelter.
- To develop a networking/mentoring program through speaking engagements and alumni contacts.
- To develop service opportunities for WLC members at local service organizations.
- President: Elizabeth Berg, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Erin Duffin, email@example.com
- Secretary: Allison Coffey, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Allison Denton, email@example.com
- Social Chair: Kamryn Gallardo, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Auction Chair: Maya Salinas, email@example.com