Student Bar Association (SBA)
The Student Bar Association (SBA) is the student government of the Law School. It works extensively to enhance the Law School community. Three students from each class and two non-JD students are elected each year by the student body to serve on SBA. The SBA has several responsibilities throughout the year. The organization is the voice for law student concerns and suggestions. It operates as an advisory board for Law School deans and other Indiana Law administrations. Besides representing students, the SBA operates the SBA Bookstore, which sells used books at reduced prices. The profits are used for SBA-sponsored Law School events.
- President: Alexa Rojas
- Vice President: Matthew Sheffield
- Events Coordinator: Kayla Bridgham
- Events Coordinator: Mohammed Mitwally Abdelmoemen
- Treasurer: Ethan Roberson
- Diversity and Inclusion Chair: Nazir Ikhlayel
- Secretary: Kate Leahy
- Community Building Chair: Michaela McInerney
- Communications Chair: Megan Wheeler
- Outreach Chair: Gregorio Casoni
- Professional Development Chair: Sarah Smith
- Social Liaison: Barbara Bernal Monrroy
- Policy Chair: Jayse Wyatt
SBA student/RSO funding application
Indiana Law students and RSOs may complete an application for SBA funding of their events or programming. Please review the funding fact sheet before submitting an application. Applications may be submitted electronically via the SBA Canvas page.
Student organization information
In an effort to help any logistical obstacles for students and administration, the SBA Compliance Board monitors the activities of registered student groups to ensure uniformity and consistency among all organizations. If you have questions or concerns about the status of your organization, please email the board at email@example.com.