National Lawyers Guild
The National Lawyers Guild (“NLG”) is the nation’s oldest and largest progressive bar association and was the first one in the US to be racially integrated. Our mission is to use law for the people, uniting lawyers, law students, legal workers, and jailhouse lawyers to function as an effective force in the service of the people by valuing human rights and the rights of ecosystems over property interests. This is achieved through the work of our members and the Guild’s numerous organizational committees, caucuses, and projects reflecting a wide spectrum of intersectional issues. Guild members effectively network and hone their legal skills in order to help create change at the local, regional, national, and international levels.
Maurer School of Law NLG is a completely democratic organization, where every voice matters. We rely on the active participation of our membership to bring positive, inclusive, and progressive change to the Law School and the greater community. We hope you join us in the fight for justice.
- Stay connected through our social media:
- Email us at: email@example.com.
- Check out the national website: nlg.org (Links to an external site.).
- Executive Director: Emma Kilbreath (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Deputy Director: Emily Criss (email@example.com)
- Secretary: Ciara Saylor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Treasurer: Beka Schwartz (email@example.com)
- Communications Chair: Blake Welter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Faculty advisor: Professor India Thusi (email@example.com)