Church of the Evidence Fish (COTEF)
The Church of the Evidence Fish at Indiana University Maurer School of Law is an agnostic organization that is not affiliated with any specific religion or religious belief. COTEF does not require any specific religious belief or any religious belief at all. We strive to provide interested law students, faculty, and members of the community a platform where they can speak without fear of retaliation.
Among the goals and purposes of COTEF at Indiana University School of Law are:
- Encouraging, mentoring, and aiding law students in speaking their minds while shielding them from retaliation;
- Maintaining the anonymity of those who use our platform;
- Supplying a means of society and fellowship centered on Euchre and vigorous debate among law students;
- Providing a platform and forum for discussing anything students wish to talk about;
- Equipping law students with the tools necessary to play winning hands of Euchre and learn how to recognize when to play a hand alone.
Send us a message you wish for us to post anonymously on your behalf from a non-IU controlled email account. We will post the message to our bulletin board and online on our Twitter and Instagram accounts.
Contact us at: ChurchoftheEvidenceFish@protonmail.com
Follow us on:
All students; regardless of their age; race; disability; ethnicity; gender; marital status; national origin; religion; sexual orientation; presence or lack of scales, or gills, or wings; or veteran status are welcome to attend and participate in COTEF meetings and card games. Our Church meets regularly for fellowship, trick-taking games, discussion and encouragement in addition to smoking food. We strive to bring levity and merriment to the often dreary process of learning the law. We do this through comedic use of titles, actively encouraging others to join us in euchre games, being involved in intergroup activities (both inside and outside of Maurer), and eating together. Our continuing goals are to make friends, speak truth to power, encourage fellow law students, and above all, become more scaley.
- Raul De La Rosa III, President
- Norman Hezlep, Vice President
- Saint Katrin Hodson the Reluctant, Secretary & Patron Saint
*Unless explicitly noted otherwise, the views expressed under pseudonym fish names using the platforms provided by Church of the Evidence Fish are the views of the individual minnows and are NOT the views or opinions of the Church of the Evidence Fish, its constituent members, Indiana University, or Maurer school of Law.