(Those listed without a partner will have one assigned as soon as I know for sure who is trying out. The temporary absence of a partner does not affect your
ability to prepare, because I have assigned roles for the trials).
Team A: PL: ____________ & Shellie Goetz
DF: ____________ & Jessica Edgerton
Team B: PL: ____________ & Monique Burt
DF: Tevor Suter & Jen Brown
Team C: PL: ____________ & Courtney Curtis
DF: Chris Shepherd & Katie McWhorter
Team D: PL: Suzanne Branom & Carolyn Shervette
DF: Carl Gabrielse & Kelly Clum
Team E: PL: Kevin Doran & Jack Norris
DF: Shane Deaton & Clint Cohen
Team F: PL: Andy Reitz & Michele Lofthouse
DF: Erica Schilke & Paula Konfal
ORDER OF TRIAL: All trials shall proceed as follows:
1. Plaintiff's opening statement
2. Defendant's opening statement
3. Direct of Reiter
4. Cross of Reiter
5. Direct of Stoner
6. Cross of Stoner
7. Direct of McKyton
8. Cross of McKyton
9. Direct of Corry
10. Cross of Corry
11. Plaintiff's closing argument
12. Defendant's closing argument
1. The first-listed Plaintiff will conduct the direct examination of Reiter, the cross-examination of McKyton, the closing argument, and will play the role of McKyton when the team is trying the defense case.
2. The second-listed Plaintiff will conduct the opening statement, the direct of Stoner, the cross of Corry, and will play the role of Corry when the team is trying the defense case.
3. The first-listed Defendant will conduct the cross-examination of Reiter, the direct of McKyton, the closing argument, and will play the role of Reiter when the team is trying the plaintiff's case.
4. The second-listed Defendant will conduct the opening statement, the cross of Stoner, the direct of Corry, and will play the role of Stoner when the team is
trying the plaintiff's case.
DIRECT EXAMINATION ROLES AND REHEARSALS: For almost everyone, a person on your team (but on the opposite side) has been assigned to play
your witness for direct examination. You may want to get together with that person prior to the trial and rehearse your direct a couple of times. You will not
need to rehearse until a few days before try-outs and should not do so until you have your direct examination well planned. I will make sure that everyone has a
witness assigned by the time you get back from fall break.
SCHEDULE OF TRIALS (first-listed team is PLAINTIFF, second-listed team is DEFENSE)
round 1: Friday
1. Fri 10-12 A v. B
2. Fri 1-3 C v. D
3. Fri 3-5 E v. F
round 2: Saturday
4. Sat 9-11 B v. C
5. Sat 11-1 D v. E
6. Sat 1:30-3:30 F v. A
round 3: Sunday (seeded single-elimination rounds)
1. Semi-final: Sun 10-12
2. Semi-final: Sun 12-2
3. Championship: Sun 3-5
4. Post-championship bash -- Nick's 5-7.