Environmental Law Society (ELS)
The Environmental Law Society provides many opportunities and resources for students; interested in environmental law or in the environment in general. The group is devoted to making the law school more environmentally conscious, as well as helping its members pursue careers in environmental law. The group hosts guest speakers to discuss environmental law issues, works with local environmental attorneys and groups, and hosts social events (trivia nights; hikes in local state forests) to help connect environmental students with one another. We're always looking for new members and new ideas!
The mission of the Environmental Law Society (ELS) is to:
- Enhance the academic experience of students interested in environmental law;
- Promote clinical opportunities to enable students to gain practical skills; and
- Build resources for environmental career development.
Through our work in each of these areas, ELS promotes environmental awareness and involvement in the campus and community. New members are always welcome.
- Participation in the Pace Law School National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition
- Participation and representation in the IU Student Sustainability Council
- Social gatherings and recreational outings
- Annual academic advising session prior to registration in the spring
- Coordination with the Conservation Law Clinic to promote practical exposure for members
- Sponsorship of speakers who discuss various environmental issues
- Participation in the National Association of Environmental Law Societies
- Joshua Bleisch, President
- Kaylenne Wietelman, Vice President
- Mike Stroup, Treasurer
- Alex Devilliers, Secretary