Associate Professor of Law; Affiliated Faculty, IU Department of Gender Studies; Affiliated Faculty, Kinsey Institute for Research in Gender, Sex, and Reproduction
- The Constitutional Right to (Keep Your) Same-Sex Marriage, 110 MICHIGAN LAW REVIEW 1421 (2012). [SSRN] [HeinOnline]
- Interstate Recognition of Parent-Child Relationships: The Limits of the State Interests Paradigm and the Role of Due Process, 2011 UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO LEGAL FORUM 233 (2011). [SSRN] [HeinOnline]
- Sexual Orientation, in ENCYCLOPEDIA OF LAW AND HIGHER EDUCATION Charles J. Russo, Ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 2010.
- Where Cultures and Sovereigns Collide: Balancing Federalism, Tribal Self-Determination, and Individual Rights in the Adoption of Indian Children by Gays and Lesbians, 25 WISCONSIN JOURNAL OF LAW, GENDER & SOCIETY 327 (2010). [SSRN] [HeinOnline]
- Branzburg v. Hayes, Civil Liberties in Modern Political and Legal Philosophy, and Papachristou v. City of Jacksonville, in ENCYCLOPEDIA OF AMERICAN CIVIL LIBERTIES (Paul Finkelman, Ed.). New York: Routledge, 2006.
- Civil Liberties, in SOCIAL ISSUES IN AMERICA: AN ENCYCLOPEDIA (James Ciment, Ed.). Armonk, NY: M.E. Sharpe, 2006.
- Television Town Meetings, in THE GUIDE TO UNITED STATES POPULAR CULTURE (Ray Browne and Pat Browne, Eds.).
Bowling Green, OH: Bowling Green State University Popular Press, 2001.
- Politics: Liberal, in READER'S GUIDE TO LESBIAN AND GAY STUDIES (Timothy Murphy, Ed.). Chicago:
Fitzroy Dearborn, 2000.