Pro bono immigration project
The central mission of the Pro Bono Immigration Project (PIP) at the Indiana University Maurer School of Law is to support the unmet legal needs of noncitizens in Bloomington and surrounding areas. Through partnerships with local organizations and under the supervision of practicing attorneys, students conduct intake interviews and perform legal research in order to assist in the filing of relevant applications on behalf of noncitizens and their family members. Students may also teach citizenship classes and are encouraged to pursue scholarly research that will have practical relevance to noncitizens. In addition, PIP seeks to bring scholars, practitioners, and policy experts to Maurer to enhance student learning. Ultimately, PIP aspires to serve the local community in Indiana while also helping interested Maurer students gain a broader understanding of immigration law and policy in the United States.
- Javier Becerra, Director email@example.com
- Samantha Paul, Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashley Lederman, Case Coordinator email@example.com
- Anasuya Shekhar, Guest Speaker Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kate Davenport, Citizenship Coordinator email@example.com
Faculty sponsor: Jayanth Krishnan