Every semester, students work for academic credit in non-profit organizations, with judges and government offices, and in public policy organizations throughout the country. In the summer, students work at companies, law firms, and other organizations around the globe as fully funded fellows. The Law School also offers a unique third-year semester externship with the federal government or public policy organizations in Washington, D.C. In a typical year, more than 100 externs are placed in 15-20 states and the District of Columbia.
Hands-on experience, from Bloomington to Brazil
Choose from fields as diverse as criminal law, judicial clerkships, public interest, or our semester-long program in Washington, DC. Externships offer between one and eight hours of credit.
- Criminal Law Externship
- Indiana Legal Services Externship
- Intellectual Property Externship Program
- Judicial Field Placements
- Private Practice Externship
- Public Interest Externship Program
- Semester Public Interest Program
- Student Legal Services Externship