Ann Judith Gellis
Professor Emerita of Law
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- B.A., Case Western Reserve University 1968
- J.D., New York University 1971
- Elected to the Order of the Coif at New York University
- Head, Indiana University Office of Research Compliance in the Office of the Vice President for Research (2000-2007)
- Chair, Association of American Law Schools State and Local Government Section
- Associate, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, New York (1971-78)
- Chief, Economic Development Division, Law Department, New York (1978-80)
Gellis' scholarship includes articles on the municipal securities market, local finance, and governmental tort liability. While at Indiana Law, she taught Corporations, Property, Real Estate Finance, State and Local Government, Municipal Finance, Land Use, and Secured Transactions.
Active in university and professional committees, Professor Gellis served for seven years as the head of the Office of Research Compliance in the Indiana University Office of the Vice President for Research for the university's Bloomington and regional campuses.
- Legislative Reforms of Governmental Tort Liability: Overreacting to Minimal Evidence, 21 RUTGERS LAW JOURNAL 375 (1990); reprinted in LOCAL GOVERNMENT LAW: CASES AND MATERIALS, 2nd ed. (Clayton P. Gillette and Lynn A. Baker, Eds.), Gaithersburg: Aspen Law & Business, 1999.
- Legal and Constitutional Foundations of Taxation, in HANDBOOK ON TAXATION (W. Bartley Hildreth and James A. Richardson, Eds.). New York: Marcel Dekker, 1999.
- Mandatory Disclosure for Municipal Securities: A Reevaluation, 36 BUFFALO LAW REVIEW 15 (1987); reprinted in 21 SECURITIES LAW REVIEW 59 (1989) and in SECURITIES REGULATION: CASES AND MATERIALS (James D. Cox, et al., Eds.), Boston: Little, Brown, 1991.
- Mandatory Disclosure for Municipal Securities: Issues in Implementation, 13 JOURNAL OF CORPORATE LAW 65 (1987).